Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm too young to die...




well according to some studies done in 2007 six thousand teens die each year in car crashes because of texting. And you know it has to be more by now because everybody got a cell phone and a whole lot of teens are driving.



Even though I don't drive a lot, when I do get the chance to I don't text...my phone sits in between my legs and maybe at a red light or when I get to the place I'm going I'll check my phone but not while I'm driving.


But I do know someone who does text while driving, on the highway, up the street, anywhere.

I aint gonna put her name out like that but when she reads this she'll know who I'm talking about.
=/


and I constantly tell her to stop because I know it's dangerous and most people don't believe anything until it happens to them.

'awe naw...nothing like that could EVER happen to me..not a person like me'

the other day I watched 7 Pounds with Will Smith for the first time and when it got to the part where Will Smith and his wife was driving in the car somewhere and he checks his phone or whatever and ends up crashing into a van killing his wife and all the people in the van I'm like...okay now what if that were her.

she's texting thinking it's harmless or whatever but when she crashes everyone besides her gets killed and she has to suffer with all that guilt and ish inside her.

I mean..call me all those little names because I think safe driving is good...but hell...I don't want to die and I don't want someone else to die because of me.

and for the record there is nothing CUTE, SEXY, or THROWED about driving and texting or dialing numbers; that stuff can wait until you get where you're going or something. It's not that important, it could wait.

August 26, 2009

this aint no Romeo && Juliet type ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment