Thursday, July 2, 2009

Take That D Like The Champions You Are!!











I believe that a music video can sometimes make or break an artist.
But seeing Drake's music video for "Best I Ever Had"
I don't know.
I mean, it's good..and it's different.
But i'm just like..hmmm.



So in the video, he's a women's basketball coach.
And he repeatedly lets the girls know that they are the best..
"Baby you the best..baby you the best..best i ever had..best i ever had.."
What that has to do with anything..beats me.
The two little "acting" scenes with Drake are semi funny.
I laughed.
Kind of loud actually.
So I guess the acting scenes are a way to show the audience like, this is also what Drake does.
Because this shocked me -> a lot of people didn't know that Drake was the little yellow boy that use to play up on Degrassi. -Ransom
Some boy in class one day was like,
"Who in here actually watches Degrassi though??"
[[He was saying it like, Degrassi was lame or some ish..]]
But I raised my hand up proudly.
Dxmn right.
And THEN, now that they found out Drake played on that show, everybody was tryna watch it.
You can miss me with that one.
If you didn't watch it before, why watch it now??
But yeah, I just don't GET this music video.
I am glad that it is different than the usual music video for first timers and up comers..
[[Example:: Cars, Booty Shakers, Strip Clubs, Patron, Rose, Nuvo, Money, Diamonds..etc]]
But I just.
Dont.
Get It.
Hight light of the video for me is at 3:13 that had a cameo of Trey Songz.
**whispers**
In a tight short sleeve shirt
I nearly cried when I saw Trey.
Haha..don't know why..but imma girl..i get emotional at those things.
But it sucks that like, everybody and they mama been done already heard this song.
Most know all the friggin' words.
And he just NOW puts out the music video.
A Little Late Aren't We??
And whoa, wait.
He STILL doesn't have an album out!!
This is mixtape So Far Gone material.
WHO YOU KNOW GOT AIRPLAY OFF OF A MIXTAPE MUSIC VIDEO?!
Nobodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

What's that?!?!
Oh, it's just Drake taking over.
;)

-Eh, shout outies for Kanye's 'ol weird self for directing this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment