Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Why You Jerks Jerkin' Now?!?!













For those who don't know..but a lot of yall probably do.
There's this dance called
"Jerkin"

Ugh..let me just tell you my experience with this dance.

It was sometime in late January..early February.
I go to this one guy's Myspace page and he has a video of him Jerkin'.
So i YouTube it.
I find more videos..a whole bunch from this one user.

They dancing pretty cool right??

So i'm just watching these videos in awe like..let me watch some more and find a tutorial or something and imma get my butt up and do this friggin' dance!!

And i got it down pat in like..five-ten minutes.
[[The one i first learned was the one with the legs..where you jumping back..kind of like a backwards running man..??]]
So then, i show the videos to Precious and later on i showed Kaley them.

Then on February 22nd, i UNLEASH!!
My Jerkin'-ness to Kaley and Precious.
[[Please note: It was only the backwards running man dance move..]]

Ugh..then like, sometime in March. I hear these two other girls on the bus talking bout Jerkin'.
And i flip!
Haha..not really but like..yall know how you feel when you feel like you the only one who knows about something new and then when you hear about someone else talking bout it or doing it..you get mad..lol..you just do.

But what's different about muah, is that.
When something new comes out, i admit..
I am not thee type to jump all on its jock and ride the freak out of it..
[[No Sexual..??]]
Like, i feel as if like, i wanna learn as much as i can about something new before i try to be
"on it"
So it doesn't seem as if i don't know what i'm talking about and i can get called out on it.
But if i DO know a whole bunch about something, then iii can call someone out when they wrong.
=)

But what grinded my gears is that people at school were just talking bout it like
THEY
was the first ever to know about it.
Skeezas was talking bout the ish like
THEY
invented the junk.
Grrr.

Now it's April..and my Jerkin' skills have like..mastered.
I can like, go to the ground and come back up.
Get down on the floor and jerk.
Like, i can seriously do more than just hopping front and back with my legs.
If the time ever happens..and some official
JERKIN' Music
playing, i will get jiggy with it.
Lol..
[[But i know for like typing that, i just set myself up for an official jerk battle or whatever..]]

But okay, one thing that errks me again.
The people who be talking about it..gots it allll wrong!

Okay, JERKIN' is like..it's not the leg dance.
That is called
THE REJECT.

I THINK.
Jerkin' is like..the dance where you move your legs and put your hands in between them.
I know some of yall are like, wtf are you talking bout, Alex??
But if you watch the videos, you kind of get a sense and what part i'm talking bout.
But i guess like, this whole dance movement, you just settle it all up by calling it
JERKIN'.

And also, what yall call
"Thee Jerkin' Song"
That song is not the only song.
The song is called
"You're A Jerk" by the New Boyz.

There is soooo many friggin' Jerkin' songs out there.
YouTube it for songs also.

Just ugh.
What i'm trying to get at in this post isss..
That so many people, when they find something new, they are sooo fast skippity to be on it and try and spread the word.
To everybody and they mama.
I mean, Jerkin' was fun to me, ma dude.
Now??
If i hear another individual say some stuff about
Jerkin'
Yess..i roll my eyes and i "ugh" at it and get annoyed.
Lol..but i still love the dance.
I'll probably do it everytime i get excited.
I mean..shoot, the dance is fun!

But i just wish that people..especially at my school weren't so high and mighty about this whole Jerkin' Thing.
I mean, this has happened to the Rapper Drake.
[[I've been on him since "Replacement Girl" and people all of a sudden NOW just wanna start listening to him. And all i've heard them listen to is the So Far So Gone Mixtape..but he has like..two other ones before that that they probably dont know..but i'm not sure. they may surprise me.]]
This has happened with the word
"Swag"
Everybody is like..swag this swag that. Do i have swag?? I got swag for daysss.
I just say, bish i got steez. Hmph.
This has happened with Swagga Scarves. It's Spring now people. Put them away.
I mean, people who had reall "swag" didn't even wear those things.
Just. Stop.
I've seen this happen with Converse.
I had gotten my first pair in the 9th grade.
And i got clowned.
Now??
I'm in grade ten and EVERYONE has on some type of Converses it seems like.

I don't know. Correct me if i'm wrong, but it just seems like people aint original nowadays.
And no matter how hard you try!!
At the end of the day, you sitting back in your Lay-Z-Boy eating a bag of Doritos thinking like..
What i'm doing..what i'm wearing..isn't anything new.
And then when you try like something different..for example.
Instead of wearing plaid..you decide to wear some like, old lookin' sweat shirts.
Not hoodies. Not jackets.
Straight Sweatshirts.
People wanna talk about it like that aint what you supposed to be wearing.
Like um, 'scuse me.
I got myself dressed this morning.
I bought these clothes with my money.
Imma wear whatever i wanna like.
I mean, are you wearing it right now??
(No)
So why you worrying about it??

Haha..how did i first start talking bout dancing and then ended with..sweatershirts??

But anywho, another edition of my many random rants.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so right. when i first herd about jerkin i was the only one in my town who knew about it,i live in the bronx co-op city. i would jerk then everyone would be like "wat the hell r u doing?" then i would say"im jerkin duhh" and now almost everyone knows about it and then one day some stupid middle school girls gonna come up to me and say ewww ur doin wrong . omg i go crazyy and i tell them off. lmao

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, you would fit right in out here. I'm from cali where all thee "JERKS" reside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh. i despite jerking but txt me u seem cool. and Very funny

    ReplyDelete